Sunday, January 18, 2009

The world of quilting

I have been quilting since 2001. Mostly self taught and inspired by countless friends. I want to share what I do in between mothering and serving and keeping things running at home. I find myself moving from very traditional quilts to a more minimal modern look. I have some lofty goals for this year. I don't forsee this blog as an everyday thing for me. I am hoping for a once a week update and to use it as a journal of the past projects.

Baby Quilts: 6

First is to finish the baby quilt for baby no. 4. He is already 4 months old! Next is a baby quilt for a dear friend at purple petunia. She is one of my crafting buddies and inspirations. I have at least 2-3 more baby quilts to make in addition to these two.

Quilt for Valerie Spencer's quilt


Twin quilts: 3

My brother asked me to make bed quilts for their two girls. One likes pink and purple and the other is blue and a little bit of green. I want to to finish the one I started for my second son 2 years ago. I ran into a snag and neatly tucked it away. I think I am ready to tackle it again.

Quilts for my parents: 2-3

I have been putting off this project for a while. My mom has a queen sized quilt I made for her a few years ago. I want to make my parents throw quilts. Something to be warm and cozy under. A hug from me. Maybe a wallhanging too for my dad. He winters in Mexico and that might be the inspriration for that quilt.


My final goal for the year:
A king size quilt for US. I make lots of quilts. Very few stay in our house. I saw this quilt and thought this is it! I have drawn many drafts and started on thinking that was the one. But a project this big can lose it's appeal before it's done. I asked my husband what his two favorite colors were....green and black! How very interesting. I just bought 10 yards of black. Now to piece and accent with some great greens.

1 comment:

  1. hi! i got your comment about joining project improv. we'd love to have you. i need your email address to send you the info you'll need and to send your flickr invitation. please drop me an email at jgeringirre at yahoo dot com and i'll get you all fixed up.
    thanks,
    jacquie

    ReplyDelete