Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quilting Journey Part V 2006

This was a busy year for quilting. Lots of baby quilts, doll quilts, some just because quilts and one king size.
I spent two years on the king size quilt. I had a very hard time finding the right fabric for this quilt. I also went through several drafts before coming back to the original design.
The castle quilts were a fun project. I still need to make one for our house. The EQ5 program has made designing my own quilts a lot of fun.
I put together two good bye quilts for friends that were moving away. I had our other quilting buddies send fabric. One was green and the other theme was color. I chose asian prints for the front side because Amy and her husband met in China. The green one has more of an organic feel and the signature blocks on the back were really great.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment