I finished the star quilt top today. Nothing else is done around the house but the top is finished! I have renamed this quilt, Puzzle Quilt. It is so named because of the brain-strain it was to piece. I like the idea of improvisational piecing but the reality of it is challenging. I had a design I had done on my EQ5 program using multiples of 3. I thought it would be straight forward to put together.
Wonky Stars, simple. But I didn't trim the triangles off and so I have some lumpy spots. Lesson learned, always trim. If it's going to be stretchy, starch and press carefully. I may even be converted to pressing seams open too.
I cut the filler pieces short and had to rip three seams and do them again. Then there were the set-in seams. I do these but usually relating to diamonds. Glad I already had that skill or this quilt may not have been completed.
I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Bigger than I planned too. I rarely make baby quilts this large. It measures approximately 46"x62". This baby will be well covered.