Monday, April 20, 2009

Bloggers Quilt Festival

I just heard about this fantastic online festival. What a great idea. Click the link in my sidebar to join or just to be inspired. April 17-24 2009.

For my favorite quilt I've chosen my John Deere inspired baby quilt. I often ask the mothers-to-be if there is some favorite color or design (modern, traditional etc.) or look at their baby registries to get the inspiration for the quilts. I love the 1/4 black sashing and how it came together. Green is one of my favorite colors. I experimented with some new quilting. Wave-like and 'X' in alternating squares and really like the effect. The back of the quilt reminds me of fields in various states of growth. There is also the token JD fabric. I absolutely love the way the quilt folds up. I also made the tiny quilt (about 5x7) with scraps from the baby quilt. The yellow squares measure 1/4"!

13 comments:

  1. I like the sashing as well and might try it in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool quilt! Love the concentration of green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt. that thin black sashing is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Glad you decided to "show and tell", I still remember your very first quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I'm being drawn to green more and more. I think you did some really great work here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Striking quilt! Love the effect of the greens and the thin black sash! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your baby quilt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. Absolutely lovely. Thans for sharing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colors are neat-
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete