Monday, April 19, 2010

School Lunch Napkins


Inspired by SMS. Here is the link to a cute snack set pdf. I don’t know about you but I get tired of my kids clothes (shirts especially) coming home a disaster. So these napkins will be used at school. The goal is to make 5 for each of them, one for each day. They have to bring home the dirty one in order to get a clean one!

This is a fast project. It took me longer to pick out the fabric than it did to sew them up.

I made my napkins double-sided. The square ones started out 10x10 and finished at about 9 1/2” square. The rectangular ones are cut from a fat quarter divided into fourths (about 9x11). I think next time I will cut them 9 ½” square to start and end up a little smaller but square. The look of a rectangular napkin is throwing me off!



Then in the middle of this quick craft session I had to make a mini pressing board. My 4 year old bumped into the iron and burned his hand. I am think this board will help in keeping it more out of reach. I think I might have to make some more of these fabric boards and hang them! This a made with a scrap of Michael Miller fabric layered over two layers of flannel and a layer of polyester batting. I hot glued the two cork boards together. I wasn’t sure about using a spray adhesive on a something that would get hot. This was inspired by Oh, Fransson TV tray revamp.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas. I'll have to try the ironing board one and quit my exercise walks to and from the kitchen every time I need to iron something :)

    ReplyDelete