Saturday, April 9, 2011

Project: Simplify Hot Spot #5: Choose Your Own Adventure

I decided to tackle the linen closet and the bathroom drawers and cabinets.  I could have picked anything on the list of suggestions as they all need to be done.  This was an easy place to start.

So to begin:  the linen closet.  The in between of seasons is challenging.  All winter we have pulled things out and shoved them back in.  Too hot one night and cold the next.  ugh.
Before:

 All emptied out.  So nice!

Stuff that may not belong:
After:
Next was trying to tackle the drawers and the medicine cabinets.  Being able to find things in the mess is not the best way to organize.  Now, they are organized and we can't lay our hands on the right thing!

Before in the hall (kids) bathroom:
After:
Notice one empty drawer!  I wonder how long before daughter notices all the empty wrappers and garbage are gone :)  This room didn't take too long but ours...

Master Bathroom drawers before:

Drawers after:


Medicine cabinet before:
The pink bucket usually has the cloth diapers but I spared you and just washed them!  I didn't think it was too bad but there was SO much stuff in there.  I tossed three grocery bags of junk (expired or never used or garbage) out between here and under the sink.
After:
 

Are you ready?  Under the sink is scary.  It was organized at one time but....

After:
I put a lot of the extra things (a whole shoe box full) down with the rest of the food storage. 

On another note not bathroom related I did finally get some of the things put into the household binder.  I have 11 categories. Is that too many? What did I forget?  Goals, schedule/calendars, birthdays, Christmas, Food Inventory (including menus, grocery list etc), Home maintenance, Garden/Yard, Home ideas, and budget/finances.
And one final finish for this week, I recovered the umbrella stroller we have had for 10 years.  I could have just bought a new one but I had everything to redo it at home.  Besides, we love the height of this one.  Tall enough for both of us to push.  I may be brave and post more process pictures.  Any tutorials I found said "simply take it apart (the cover) and use it as a pattern, then reuse the piping and belts" Voila!  More or less true but I would have loved a tutorial.  I'm a visual learner.  I ended up with 4 extra screws.  Hmm. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment