So SR is 2. I am on my last box of Huggies and I've had enough of paying for diapers. I decided to try my hand a making my own cloth diapers. I have most of the supplies for this at home. I did have to buy the PUL and velcro. This is the first one. I used this pattern from Wee Weka. It needs a little more tweeking with the placement of velcro etc. As far as a pocket diaper goes it seems to be alright. I might try some other types as I go along. The only type of PUL that I can get locally is white so I added a layer of calico to make it cuter! The inside is lined with a microfleece that I have had for ages and didn't know what to do with it. Turns out its great for cloth diapering!
I will hopefully be able to order some touch tape and try it's superior sticking power. The insert (aka soaker) is three layers of cotton batting wrapped in two layers of flannel. We'll see how it does. I will be trying out microfiber (wrapped in flannel) to see if it really is better at absorbing.